Posted by Brian McCullough
This is a Job Search January post.
But there are other options out there: the niche or specialty job boards. The advantage of these sites is that they focus on a specific industry or career field. They might have less jobs available than the “monster” job boards, but they have a focus on a specific field and thus there’s much less riff-raff. For a lot of job searchers, it’s easier to find timely, serious job openings on the niche boards.
There are literally hundreds and hundreds of niche job boards out there. Some only have a handful of jobs, or are updated rarely. Here is a list of the niche boards I have found to be the busiest and the best (in no particular order):
- Academiccareers.com- Jobs at colleges and other academic institutions.
- Ecoemploy.com- It doesn’t look like much, but tons of eco and green jobs.
- EnvironmentalCareer.info- ditto.
- MediaBistro- Job board for advertising, publishing, magazines, media, etc.
- FindLaw- Attorneys, paralegals, etc.
- HCareers.com- Hospitality, hotels, tourist jobs.
- FoodAndDrinkJobs.com- Restaurant, cooks, service worker jobs.
- CafePharma- Good community site for pharma sales professionals with loads of job postings.
- Telecomcareers.net- The largest job site for telecom and wireless professionals.
- JobsInManufacturing.com- Everything from logistics to quality control to general assembly line jobs.
- AllRetailJobs.com- Everything from cashiers to district managers.
- JobsInLogistics.com- Distribution, logistics, supply chain, freight.
- JobsInTrucks.com- Similar to the above, but with a focus on the trucking industry.
- GreatInsuranceJobs.com- Insurance sales, underwriting and examiner jobs.
- Jobs4HR.com- Human Resources jobs.
- JobsInTheMoney.com- The largest finance and accounting job board by far.
- eFinancialCareers.com- Everything from accounting, hedge funds, banking and to investments and risk management.
- TalentZoo.com- Advertising, marketing and PR jobs.
- 6figurejobs.com- Focuses on management and executive management positions.