Posted by Brian McCullough
What happens on MySpace doesn’t stay on MySpace. Uh, erm, in this case, on Facebook.
It seems those doomsday stories about social networking being harmful to your career… they’re coming true. The story goes like this: Young bloke sends his boss a note apologizing ahead of time for missing work. Cites a family emergency. In reality, he’s taking off for Halloween.
Yes, that’s him in the picture. He posted it on his Facebook page.
Hilarity ensues after the break…
Well, of course, ole Bossman smelled something fishy. So he did a little virtual snooping.
You would think your boss discovering a picture of you in a tutu would be embarrassment and thus punishment enough. Not so, cause this is 2007 and of course this story has made it’s way around the internet. And how did that come about? Because the boss sent a smarmy reply back to the kid and made sure to CC everyone in the office. Thus did a thousand blog flowers bloom.
See the emails in question below:
I’ve gotten this from several readers, but I’ll give credit to Valleywag, since that seems to be where everyone first saw this.
- What People Are Forwarding Us This Week- Will They Never Learn Edition
- What People Are Forwarding Us This Week- Bad Day At Work Edition
- What People Are Forwarding Us This Week- Friday Night Lights Edition
- What People Are Forwarding Us This Week- Wedgie Proof Underwear!
- What People Are Forwarding Us This Week- Wingsuit Flight Video
- Time Wasters- Hollywood Writer’s Strike Edition