Posted by Brian McCullough
As promised, we spent this month of January focusing a little extra on job search advice. January is the busiest month for job searching and hiring. Granted, the conditions are a bit harsher this year then they were in recent years, but hopefully we were able to come up with some tips and posts that have been helpful. Here is a summary of the best job search posts from the past month:
- How to prepare for a job search.
- I shared my number one job search tip.
- And also my best resume writing tip.
- Seeing the economy turning south, we discussed how to find a job in a tight job market.
- The best niche job boards and why you should use them.
- We discussed using the rule of thirds to organize your job search.
- We talked with a young woman about whether or not she should abandon her career path.
- The current top job boards based on traffic.
- Should you consider a career change?
- The long distance job search.
- The proper job search attitude.
- Interviewing tips from someone who does the hiring.
- I gave you my inside secret of a successful job interview.
- 4 quick ways to make your resume stand out.
- What to wear to a job interview.
- Use a stock screener to find out who’s hiring.