Posted by Brian McCullough
Whew. Last Friday’s economic news was bad. A friend emailed me and said, “Damn. Look at this list! These are the headlines just from the last 24 hours!:
- Alarms of recession ring almost everywhere; Dow down 3% for week
- Americans poorer than a year ago – Fed reports household net worth down 3.6% in fourth quarter
- More jobs disappearing- Nonfarm payrolls drop by 63,000
- Home Delinquencies highest since 1985
- Talk is now of $200 oil
- Rising costs move down chain- Soaring costs of grains, dairy and other edible commodities pile up on consumers, with even frozen pizza and coffee prices shooting up. “
Now they’ve come for the frozen pizza??
Anyway, I thought I’d post a recap of some recession-themed posts since we have so many new readers.
And my series about saving yourself from layoffs. The summation post is here: How To Save Your Job From Layoffs.
The individual posts are here:
- “The Weatherman Technique”
- “The Lifeboat Technique“
- “The Late Surge Technique“
- “The Ninja Technique“
- “The Zen Technique“