Posted by Brian McCullough
I’ve got a more comprehensive organizational post in the works, but I’m in the middle of preparing my mobile office for a two week trip to Florida. I needed to bring my Firefox links with me on my laptop for blogging purposes. I didn’t know how to do it. But I figured it out.
So, I learn, you learn.
Here’s how to move your Firefox Bookmarks from one computer to another.
- In the Firefox menu, select Bookmarks.
- In the pulldown menu, select Manage Bookmarks.
- A popup box will appear. This is the Bookmark Manager.
- In the menu of that popup Bookmark Manager, select File and then Export.
- This will create a bookmarks html file. This is the file you need. Save this file and transfer it to your other computer however you see fit.
- Now you’re on your other computer with the bookmarks html file.
- Open Firefox.
- Re-open the Bookmark Manager by re-doing steps 1 through 3 above.
- In the Bookmar Manager, select File and then Import.
- You want to “Import From File.” Find the bookmarks.html file from your other computer and open it.